Greetings From Oklahoma

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
spudd5887
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings From Oklahoma

Post by spudd5887 »

I am happy to say that I have been using Linux Mint for about 4 years now I have checked out and used other distros from KDE, Manjaro, Kubuntu, MX17, Arch and the list goes on and on but I always use Linux Mint as my main work horse or main distro and as far as I am concerned I always will. I have done about a hundred installs on a whole variety of different machines it is amazing what this distro will work on. I have made a lot of different machines from junk parts and made them run with Linux Mint that would of otherwise been in a recycling bin. So if your are a new user please hang with this it is quite different than Windows but this will give you true freedom. There is nothing perfect in this world and believe me I have had my share of challenges with Linux as a whole but the learning experience has been truly remarkable and I have learned partition editing making bootable flash drives, setting up Samba servers and the list of software and use of the command line is to much to list here lets suffice to say that Linux is the concept of endless possibilities and I still consider myself as a newbie I wonder what being a guru is like? I hope your experience is just as rewarding.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ajgringo619

Re: Greetings From Oklahoma

Post by ajgringo619 »

Welcome aboard from the Left coast! Always good to add more experienced users to the forums.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi spudd5887,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

Hello and Welcome to the forum spudd5887.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

spudd5887 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:16 pm I am happy to say that I have been using Linux Mint for about 4 years now I have checked out and used other distros from KDE, Manjaro, Kubuntu, MX17, Arch and the list goes on and on but I always use Linux Mint as my main work horse or main distro and as far as I am concerned I always will. I have done about a hundred installs on a whole variety of different machines it is amazing what this distro will work on. I have made a lot of different machines from junk parts and made them run with Linux Mint that would of otherwise been in a recycling bin. So if your are a new user please hang with this it is quite different than Windows but this will give you true freedom. There is nothing perfect in this world and believe me I have had my share of challenges with Linux as a whole but the learning experience has been truly remarkable and I have learned partition editing making bootable flash drives, setting up Samba servers and the list of software and use of the command line is to much to list here lets suffice to say that Linux is the concept of endless possibilities and I still consider myself as a newbie I wonder what being a guru is like? I hope your experience is just as rewarding.
I'm in Oologah about 30 miles north of you...
do you ride a motorcycle by any chance?
if so, we need to find a DQ and sit a spell :lol: :lol:
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Welcome from a few miles further south. :D
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello spudd5887 Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”