From distro hopper to LMDE user :)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
KiwiBirds

From distro hopper to LMDE user :)

Post by KiwiBirds »

Hello everyone! My name's Samantha and I think I found a distro that I can settle on, Linux Mint Debian Edition!

A little bit about myself...

I'm a 16 year old girl that loves Linux! I only use Windows for gaming (And even then, it's basically only for 3 games that don't run correctly on proton lol)
I started using Linux in July 2017 with Ubuntu and I've never settled on a distro... The longest I've ever been on a single distro was probably Solus OS for 3 months! I don't plan on doing that with LMDE though :D

Anyways, that's all! I hope I can see some other LMDE users too! I don't know many linux users around my age besides one other person at my school lol
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: From distro hopper to LMDE user :)

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Samantha Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
mattdaddyp

Post by mattdaddyp »

Hello Samantha!

I have also been a distro hopper. I've tried everything from Arch Linux to Ubuntu to Solus. I have been very happy with Mint and don't plan on leaving anytime soon. Welcome!
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello Samantha and welcome to Linux Mint Forums,
Enjoy :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
mediclaser
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mediclaser »

Hello and welcome! LMDE is my favorite distro.
Please spread the word to your friends about LMDE. Maybe if we increase the user base further up for LMDE, the Mint developers will pay more attention to it, refining it even more for us. :wink:
If you're looking for a greener Linux pasture, you won't find any that is greener than Linux Mint. ;)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”