Hello from Islamabad, Pakistan

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ali_kazmi

Hello from Islamabad, Pakistan

Post by ali_kazmi »

Hello everyone.
My name is Ali Kazmi and I'm a Project Manager in Islamabad, with background in Economics, and interest in computers (software mainly). :?
After years of sticking with Windows, I got the Linux bug a couple of months back. From installation to running, its been quite a good experience. Since old habits die hard,I still get a bit confused seeing a file with tar.gz extension. I'm trying to shrug off the habit of trying to find a Windows style installer for packages. Maybe this brought me to Mint, after starting with Ubuntu, though I don't mind the occasional use of terminal. My main beef with Windows was the bloating and slowing down over time. I hope this is not the case with Linux.
Well, I'll be popping up some queries here and there in future, but one thing is certain. I've shut down the Windows, man. Mint is good for the health anyway. (So is Apple, but I don't like closed systems).
Take care
Ali Kazmi
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: Hello from Islamabad, Pakistan

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Ali Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi ali_kazmi,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Hi Ali_kazmi. welcome to a far less stressful way of computing.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Hello and welcome! Sounds to me like Mint is a perfect fit for you. Happy to have you aboard!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”