After four years, back to Mint

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ecor1134
Level 1
Level 1

After four years, back to Mint

Post by ecor1134 »

I originally started using Mint back in December 2014 for about two years. I dual booted to keep Windows as I had a lot of games.

I run two machines, a desktop and a laptop. The laptop was originally loaded with Windows 8.1 and was upgraded to Window 10. This past year it started to become unstable. I was simply going to reload Windows but I thought back to when I was running LM17 and decided to load LM19. Ran it for about a week and decided that I liked it so much that I reloaded my desktop with LM19.

As for my games, Steam has come a long way with supporting games on Linux. I tried some of my Windows games using Steam Play and a lot of them work perfectly fine. Some would start but were glitchy but I can live without the titles that don't work.

I did run issues with the installer on both machines but with help of these forums and Google I was able to work through the issues. UEFI booting issues on both machines. For some reason I had to use Disks on the live boot on the desktop and delete the SSD manually before it would install properly.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: After four years, back to Mint

Post by WharfRat »

Hello ecor1134 Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome back from the Dark Side!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Welcome back Kotter! :D
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8