New again!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TLARbb
Level 1
Level 1

New again!

Post by TLARbb »

I've been a member here quite a long time, but inactive for most of that time. I think the last time I was active I was using, or fumbling around with Mint 13. Some time ago I purchased Mint 18,2 which I am using to write this in firefox browser. Anyway, I'll be trying to get back up to at least second gear. I'm going to try to update (upgrade?) to 18.3 then 19.x.

I am 71 YO now and maybe not as tolerant and patient with a new OS as I once was, but privacy concerns with Facebook, Win 10, Chrome have me itching for better privacy, if there is such a thing anymore.

I'll be doing some reading and learning for a while; I am a very long way from proficiency. Maybe I'll get there; it's on my bucket list.

Cheers!
EJ
North Louisiana, USA
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: New again!

Post by WharfRat »

Hello EJ Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Welcome back!
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi TLARbb,

Welcome back to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

@TLARRbb, it might be quicker and easier to download (free) mint 19.

Welcome & post if you need help.
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-105 Cinn 6.0.4
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Welcome back from another returnee, :D
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome back, TLARbb!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
t-bone

Post by t-bone »

TLARbb wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:11 pm privacy concerns with Facebook, Win 10, Chrome have me itching for better privacy, if there is such a thing anymore.
Preach. After abandoning my efforts to adopt Linux some years back, I've decided--for this very reason--to jump back in. Couldn't be happier!
kevin987
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kevin987 »

TLARbb wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:11 pm I've been a member here quite a long time, but inactive for most of that time. I think the last time I was active I was using, or fumbling around with Mint 13. Some time ago I purchased Mint 18,2 which I am using to write this in firefox browser. Anyway, I'll be trying to get back up to at least second gear. I'm going to try to update (upgrade?) to 18.3 then 19.x.

I am 71 YO now and maybe not as tolerant and patient with a new OS as I once was, but privacy concerns with Facebook, Win 10, Chrome have me itching for better privacy, if there is such a thing anymore.

I'll be doing some reading and learning for a while; I am a very long way from proficiency. Maybe I'll get there; it's on my bucket list.

Cheers!
EJ
North Louisiana, USA
Hi EJ. From what I understand it's ok to do a point upgrade from 18.2 to 18.3

If you're happy with 18.2 then it's fine to leave it for now.

I would do a fresh clean install though if you're going to change to version 19. 19.1 is due out around December 25 2018.
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon)
Linux Mint 19.3 (Cinnamon)
Bodhi Linux 6.0 (MokshaArcGreen)
Fedora 35 (Cinnamon)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”