Hello to a friendly community!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sanmig
Level 5
Level 5

Hello to a friendly community!

Post by sanmig »

After years with Win (left them with Win7) I've briefly tried Ubuntu but gave up and moved on to OSX (Snow Leopard back then). I really wanted to ditch Win but it comes back all the time (there is still a lock in re technical SW. Hoping for wine).

What I dislike most with Win is the mandatory $$$ lock in when you want to buy a cheep computer from stock. It would be fair to have an option to decline Win but automatically donate to Linux.

Now I'm a bit unhappy with OSX because of their steady "improvements", lock out for "old" versions and their HW issues, so I'm back trying Linux.

What a difference after 10 years!
However, before trying I've checked the community of the distros. I found PCLOS (no systemd) and Mint the best, the most friendly forums - so this is why I'm here. Thank you!

I'm a stubborn old technician, don't like "try this and click here" but want to know the why.
Please be patient, I'm always at the wrong end when (if at all) I start thinking, and most of the time it takes me ages to understand what I read.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DAMIEN1307

Re: Hello to a friendly community!

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

hi sanmig...welcome to the forum...with your introduction giving insight into your thinking, i think you are going to fit in just fine here.

A great place to start you on your adventure with Linux will be found in the link im providing below that is written and hosted by a major, knowledgeable contributor to the Linux Mint Forum by name of "pjotr" who is in the "Nederlands"...enjoy...DAMIEN

https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Welcome to the forums!
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello sanmig Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Hello and welcome! You have certainly washed up on the right shore! :D

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi sanmig,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Hi sanmig welcome. I'll second Damien's suggestion to have a brows of Pjotr's website it is very educational.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message

Return to “Introduce Yourself”