Greetings from Ohio, USA

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kinetics

Greetings from Ohio, USA

Post by Kinetics »

OK, I rescued my old Lenovo ThinkPad X200 with 64bit Cinnamon and it looks to be a clean install. New to Linux but reading like mad. After reading the user
guide, I decided to install CODE::BLOCKS via the software manager (to ensure all dependencies are included). Install looked good but cannot run the Hello World example - compile & run problems, CB can't find include files, compiler, etc. Disappointed but undeterred. Stay tuned.....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Greetings from Ohio, USA

Post by kc1di »

Hello Kinetics and welcome to Linux Mint Forums,
I'm sure someone will be along that will help you with the Code Blocks, Enjoy the learning :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, Kinetics!

If you plan to do any compiling, you will want to install build-essential.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
Kinetics

Post by Kinetics »

Tx for suggestions. Got it working. Needed to install Xterm as one fix. Surprised it wasn't on the dependency list of Software Manager but I suspect most folks already have it installed.

Now working on an open IDE configuration for programming ARM processors. Using Warren Gay's book, "Beginning STM32". Lots of questions here but trying to do homework before nagging forum.

Cheers.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Welcome!

I may have to change my user name now... :wink:
Using Mint as primary OS since 2006.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Kinetics Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
Kinetics

Post by Kinetics »

Thanks, guys. Will try to be low maintenance.

I'm retired from half a century of hardware design, learned Atmel AVR programming and now on to ARM processors via Linux. Great stuff!
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi Kinetics,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”