Been using Linux for 4 or 5 years but still feel like a noob ;)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
raywjewhurst

Been using Linux for 4 or 5 years but still feel like a noob ;)

Post by raywjewhurst »

I have been back and forth between Windows and Linux for years and have finally settled comfortably on Linux Mint. I have always preferred Ubuntu derived distros and Linux Mint Cinnamon has been a great fit! I am still learning more and more about Linux everyday and I enjoy the steeper learning curve. I knew previous versions of Windows inside and out but there is something about the vastness of Linux that is both enjoyable and intriguing. I use Linux mostly to run SimH, The Computer History Simulator. It has taught me all about old Unix and I have even learned some VMS (which is quite interesting but doesn't hold a candle to Linux!). I also enjoy using Qemu but have had some problems getting it to work correctly under Mint, especially the sound. The best part to me about Linux or any other *NIx is the command line it takes me back to my old MS-DOS days but with more power! I hope I can learn more about Linux and Mint in particular here and maybe I will bump into one of you in the forums giving me advice or maybe with a little more practice you may get some advice from me.

Ray
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Been using Linux for 4 or 5 years but still feel like a noob ;)

Post by Pierre »

Hi Ray,
welcome to our forum
:D

Do Take the Time to Read the Linux Mint Users Guide that came with the installation.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, raywjewhurst!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Raywjewhurst Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”