Hello from Pittsburgh PA!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
PowerHousePro

Hello from Pittsburgh PA!

Post by PowerHousePro »

I have been using linux for years. I always ran Ubuntu until I discovered Mint Mate. LOVIN IT!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Hello from Pittsburgh PA!

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the forum.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, PowerHousePro!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Welcome!
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi PowerHousePro,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello PowerHousePro and Welcome to Linux Mint Forums,
Glad to have you here, enjoy :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello PowerHousePro Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
PowerHousePro

Post by PowerHousePro »

Hello Everyone! Thanks for saying HI. I love Linux Mint Mate. Currently running that as host. I just installed LMDE3 in VirtualBox. I am going to eventually migrate to that as my Host. I think it is a great idea to have a backup plan that doesn't rely on Ubuntu. I know I want to get away from Ubuntu all together. I use to be an Ubuntu person. Ubuntu updates broke my system more than once. LOL. Every time (and it happens a lot) a friend calls me with a Windows problem I try to get them into Linux Mint. After migrating a few friends to Mint, I don't get any more "computer won't boot" phone calls. No more "I have a virus" and so on........ HAHA It doesn't get any better than MINT! :D
linux-dummie
Level 3
Level 3

Post by linux-dummie »

PowerHousePro wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:41 am Hello Everyone! Thanks for saying HI. I love Linux Mint Mate. Currently running that as host. I just installed LMDE3 in VirtualBox. I am going to eventually migrate to that as my Host. I think it is a great idea to have a backup plan that doesn't rely on Ubuntu. I know I want to get away from Ubuntu all together. I use to be an Ubuntu person. Ubuntu updates broke my system more than once. LOL. Every time (and it happens a lot) a friend calls me with a Windows problem I try to get them into Linux Mint. After migrating a few friends to Mint, I don't get any more "computer won't boot" phone calls. No more "I have a virus" and so on........ HAHA It doesn't get any better than MINT! :D
Cool!!
Crippled

Post by Crippled »

Welcome to the Linux community PowerHousePro.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

Greetings. I grew up not far from Pittsburgh.
PowerHousePro

Post by PowerHousePro »

Crippled wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:09 pm Welcome to the Linux community PowerHousePro.
Hello. Nice to meet you! The command line is your friend. LOL
Last edited by PowerHousePro on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PowerHousePro

Post by PowerHousePro »

Schultz wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:06 pm Greetings. I grew up not far from Pittsburgh.
Hello. Nice to meet you. I'm about 27 miles outside of Pittsburgh. Don't like living in any big city LOL
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

PowerHousePro wrote:
Hello. Nice to meet you. I'm about 27 miles outside of Pittsburgh.
In which direction? I was 31 miles (as the crow flies) west of Pittsburgh.
Crippled

Post by Crippled »

PowerHousePro wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:57 am
Crippled wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:09 pm Welcome to the Linux community PowerHousePro.
Not for me. The command line has been my enemy. The command line is so 1980's and is like 8-bit computing. :wink: The G.U.I. is my friend. :)
PowerHousePro

Post by PowerHousePro »

Crippled wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:14 pm
Not for me. The command line has been my enemy. The command line is so 1980's and is like 8-bit computing. :wink: The G.U.I. is my friend. :)
I was like that at first. At the command line you have control of everything from one place. That why I like it. How long have you been into Linux?
Crippled

Post by Crippled »

PowerHousePro wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:25 pm
Crippled wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:14 pm

I was like that at first. At the command line you have control of everything from one place. That why I like it. How long have you been into Linux?
I have been using Linux since September 2015. The first time I had tried to use the command line was back in the mid 1980's. The command line is like 8-bit computing. I hate the command line interface as much today as I did back in the 1980's when I first tried using it. I find the command line to be counter intuitive gibberish that makes no sense what so ever. I have seen a video of Linus Torvalds writing code for the Linux kernel and it looked exactly like the command line. It was because of the command line that I waited till 2000 to get my own computer. I know that the command line is the base of every operating system and the graphical user interface runs on top of it. This command line fetish is the one thing I hate about Linux. I link Linux a lot otherwise. It's 2019, not the 1980's. If you and others like the command line it's fine with me, don't expect me to like it because I hate it. When the command line gets thrown at me I ask how? I copy and paste it into the terminal. It seems the only one who understands me in the Linux community is this gentleman in this video that I agree with. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKY40fRXKZs Peace. :wink:
Greencedar

Post by Greencedar »

Hello and welcome to the forum. :)
bob466
Level 6
Level 6

Post by bob466 »

Welcome to the Forum. Image :D
Linux For Ever...Windows Never. Image
The Freedom To Choose Your Own Avatar Without Victimisation.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”