Hello and thank you

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Guhum

Hello and thank you

Post by Guhum »

So I hated how rigid Ubuntu made its new gui, after returning to Linux after the Windows 8-10 crap. And switched to Mint.

Its so freaking beautiful, simple to change a theme (picked this red and black one, i forget the author but it made alot of my interface easier on the eyes, love it). The beauty is in how easily and smoothly it runs on my refurshbished hp, im a minimalist when thinking about beautiful landscape art and what not. And I hate the little (i wanna be a mac) dock that you can put on the bottom.

Just plain mint 19 cinnamon with that theme, disabling startup apps/boot pointing to nonexistent directories etc to make the boot time faster. Changed the login Wallpaper and made icons and bottom panel tiny, and ofcourse hid the semi-useless Trash and Computer icons.

This is what windows shouldve evolved to and im in love. I wouldnt even mind the alimony in the divorce cause it was worth it, to be with you Mintina.

Also learned my way around the bash terminal (binged like 24 hrs of learning and testing last weekend and about 4 hours this week), so I started looking into actual bash scripts and it reminded me of this game called "Starsiege" (goat absolute best to me) and its script which I loved messing with as a preteen (many lifetimes ago). So id learned html/css and some JS before but it didnt really interest me much at since I didnt know what site to build, but I literally have to force myself to sleep as I read about linux shells, bash scripts etc.

I want to sincerely think everyone involved in making this masterpiece that makes me caress my laptop loving every once in awhile now. Thank you, forreal and I hope to (if life doesnt happen) be proficient enough oneday to be one of the trillion devs or contributers.
I havent been passionate about anything for a longtime but seeing this OS perfected (no issues whatsoever on my 4yo refurbished hp). Ofcourse ive only had it for a short time so ill be adding this site to my youtube/google/duckduck/man-pages research, im counting on you guys! Thank you again!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: Hello and thank you

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Guhum Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

HiGuhum,
welcome to our forum.

Do Take the Time to Read the LinuxMint users Guide that came with the installation.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi Guhum,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
Guhum

Post by Guhum »

Pierre wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:48 am HiGuhum,
welcome to our forum.

Do Take the Time to Read the LinuxMint users Guide that came with the installation.
Definitely will do. Thank you
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello Guhum and Welcome to Linux Mint Forums,
Enjoy ;)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608

Return to “Introduce Yourself”