Hello!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Greencedar

Hello!

Post by Greencedar »

:D Long time Linux & Ubuntu user.

I am looking forward to having some good discussions on the Linux OS, related computer subjects, and fine discussions on other pertinent subjects on the Linux Mint forum :!:

Greencedar
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: Hello!

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Greencedar Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi Greencedar,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Hi Greencedar, What part of the world do you call home?
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello Greencedar,
Welcome to the Linux Mint forums. Hope you enjoy the Distro.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
Greencedar

Post by Greencedar »

lsemmens wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:26 am Hi Greencedar, What part of the world do you call home?
Lsemmens,

We are from the Ozarks in central Missouri and are native, and proud, Americans. Our life's calling is missionary work on Taiwan, the Republic of China. So, when we return to the States to report to churches (called a furlough among the saints), we live in Missouri but travel to Michigan a lot and to other locations.

Also, for your information, as a tribute to Linux Mint, I use two computers, (one at our church and one at home), Ubuntu 18.04 and Linux Mint 19.1. Both OS's use the Chinese (Traditional ), software, called "gcin" located in Software Manager. I do want to thank the programmers at Linux / Ubuntu for the inclusion of "gcin" in the Software Manager.

The Linux Mint / Ubuntu "gcin" software is great! On the Linux Mint 19.1 the main language is traditional Chinese that I loaded when I installed Linux Mint 19.1. So (almost) all of the icons, messages, tool bars, notices, etc... are in Chinese. Again, the programmers at Linux Mint (Ubuntu), did a fine job. Both the Linux Mint 19.1 and Ubuntu 18.04 OS's work fine with the Chinese language and the fonts are good.

Also, in Chinese writing, there are two written methods: 1. Traditional, or Complex characters. Traditional, or Complex, Chinese is used mainly on Taiwan and among the US in the Chinese community. 2. Simplified. Simplified is a method developed by the Communist government in China.

I hope I answered your question.

Any other questions?

Is there anybody else that uses "gcin" or one of the other methods of writing Chinese, either "Traditional" or "Simplified," on the forum?
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Greencedar wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:52 pm
Lsemmens,

Any other questions?
No other questions, but I do pray that all goes well in China you have a wonderful calling!

My eldest is going to marry a Lady from China in a few months. They met, and are living in Australia, (she is an Australian citizen) but are going "home" to China for a traditional wedding. Inland China has always fascinated me, so this will be, I hope, a good opportunity to see some of it.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

@Greencedar
Hello back your way + Welcome to the Mint forums.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
Cyber_Ghost78

Post by Cyber_Ghost78 »

Hi welcome to the Linux Mint forum! Hope you enjoy your journey into the world of Linux Mint!
Greencedar

Post by Greencedar »

I want to thank all of you for the friendly welcome to Linux Mint Forums.

:)

Greencedar

Return to “Introduce Yourself”