Hello to all

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kwandtke
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all

Post by kwandtke »

Figured I'd actually do this .. most forums I don't but I hope to be a regular here. Not because I'm an expert but rather I'm a novice .. at least to Linux. I've recently retired and spent most of my life working with Windows .. well .. my IT works pre-dates Windows .. starting as a programmer on big machines .. cobol and PL1 .. then moved to supporting DOS PC's .. then Windows .. then network admin .. SOooooo .. I have a lot of experience but not in the right OS. I toyed with Linux along the way so am not a total dope but things I know how to do in Windows I sometimes find myself going ?????? huh ??????.

So .. I'll try not to ask dumb questions .. promise to search b4 asking ... looking forward to dumping all my Windows so I'm taking the "full immersion" route .. OK .. I'll admit I do have a Chromebook ... which is handy but I'm hoping to switch to Linux on my desktop machine to work with photo software .. and some sort of cad for woodworking plans ....

Hope at some point I'll be able to help ... thats what communities are all about right? :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Hello to all

Post by deepakdeshp »

Hello
Welcome to the forum.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello kwandtke Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

kwandtke wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:44 pm
Welcome to the forum. I also have a back ground in MainFrames (COBOL & Assembler).

This forum is a great resource for answers and suggestions to your questions and issues. Please provide your hardware and software info with your questions.

Cheers,
Wally
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-105 Cinn 6.0.4
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello kwandtke,
And welcome to Linux Mint Forums.
I'm sure with your background you'll be helping short order.
Enjoy :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

kwandtke wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:44 pmHope at some point I'll be able to help ... thats what communities are all about right? :)
Yep, precisely, and you'll find this is a pretty good community here. Welcome aboard.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Hi kwandtke, with your background, Mint will be a walk in the park. (just not the same one ;))
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi kwandtke,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen

Return to “Introduce Yourself”