Hello from an old Los Alamos denizen

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
drballistic

Hello from an old Los Alamos denizen

Post by drballistic »

Hello , I am an old Physicist with some leftover interest in computing.I fixed up a refurbished computer with a 4 cpu I5 at 3.2 Ghz. I have both Win 10 and Linux mint 19 running. I want to do some programming. I have a Simply Fortran package and have gotten a trial code to compile with gfortran. I may do some ballistics calculations and maybe some simple climate examples. Any ideas or suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DAMIEN1307

Re: Hello from an old Los Alamos denizen

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

hi drballistic in Los Alamos from DAMIEN in Alamogordo, in the Tularosa Basin, home of "trinity", "little boy" & "fat man", WSMR, and Holloman... welcome to the linux mint forum...i promise you, your time will be well spent here.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello drballistic Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Hi DrBallistic, You do realise than now that you've found us, you'll never lose us. Don't worry about climate modelling, there's enough of that happening already. Maybe what we could use is some political modelling to tell us which part of Hell this handbasket is taking us to.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message

Return to “Introduce Yourself”