Hello, new here.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Crippled

Re: Hello, new here.

Post by Crippled »

Moem wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:07 am You're being pretty militant about this and I don't think that attitude will serve you well. :roll:
Sorry that I have to be that way, but I was being attacked. I have no problem with copy and pasting commands but I am not going to take it being attacked.
Crippled

Post by Crippled »

iain_33 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:21 am Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm still quite new and only understand terminal basics, but the good thing about this forum is, although you'll most likely need to use the terminal, you don't need to understand it. Copy and paste the command someone here gives you, then copy and paste the "gibberish" it spits out back here. Then someone else will understand it, give you more "gibberish" that you copy & paste in your terminal, and with a bit of luck, problem solved :D
It's nice to meet you. That's what I have been doing since switching to Linux back in September 2015.
SandJ

Post by SandJ »

What you've encountered is what I find to be the main defect with Mint: this forum. Why so many of the members are so up their own arses I don't know.

You will be able to find the answers to any problems you are likely to encounter in generic Linux sites, courtesy of a web search.

My experience of this forum is you'll just get abuse for being a newb (regardless of the nature of the problem or how you describe it).
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Crippled wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:43 am I was being attacked.
I don't share that opinion.
Crippled wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:43 am I have no problem with copy and pasting commands
Well, good, that's as much as you'll need to be able to do.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

SandJ wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:25 pm You will be able to find the answers to any problems you are likely to encounter in generic Linux sites, courtesy of a web search.
And then come back here after you followed old info, or info for the wrong distro, to get help fixing both the original issue, plus the new issues you've created yourself.
SandJ wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:25 pm My experience of this forum is you'll just get abuse for being a newb (regardless of the nature of the problem or how you describe it).
I think you're thinking of another forum. This one I have found to be exactly the opposite. There are a few jerks, sure. But they're VERY few here.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

It was not my intent to cause offence. Like many here, we aim to help, and educate. Nothing more.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
Greencedar

Post by Greencedar »

Hello and welcome to the forum crippled. :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”