New and old Linux user - Request for registration code for Linux Community web site

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
Joseph CT Chan
Level 1
Level 1

New and old Linux user - Request for registration code for Linux Community web site

Post by Joseph CT Chan »

Hi,

Hello everyone, I am one of those that had been dipping in and out of Linux for a long time. My experience with linux started with Ubuntu many years ago. But I had never felt comfortable or happy with it.

Since I've started using Mint, I am now a complete convert!

However, I am very much an amateur. I will need all the help and suggestions if I am to go any further. That's why I have registered for this forum.

I would also like to register for the Linux Community web site as well. Can anyone send me a code to register?

Looking forward to talk to people in here.

Thank you,

Joseph Chan

kc1di
Level 16
Level 16

Re: New and old Linux user - Request for registration code for Linux Community web site

Post by kc1di »

Hello Joseph CT Chan,
Welcome to the Forums, Look forward to seeing you around the forums.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608

JoeFootball
Level 8
Level 8

Re: New and old Linux user - Request for registration code for Linux Community web site

Post by JoeFootball »

Joseph CT Chan wrote: I would also like to register for the Linux Community web site as well. Can anyone send me a code to register?
Welcome! :) To get a Registration Code for the Linux Mint Community portal, you'll need to do so via the IRC Chat Room...

"To prevent SPAM bots from harming our community, we now require a registration code. Connect to the chatroom (From within Linux Mint, launch Menu->Welcome Screen and click on Chat Room), introduce yourself and ask for a registration code."

...which on the Welcome Screen, is in the Help category.

WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Joseph Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
ImageImage

murray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by murray »

Greetings Joseph and welcome to the forum!
Running Mint 19.3 Cinnamon on an Intel NUC8i5BEH with 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD

Joseph CT Chan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Joseph CT Chan »

JoeFootball wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:11 am
Joseph CT Chan wrote: I would also like to register for the Linux Community web site as well. Can anyone send me a code to register?
Welcome! :) To get a Registration Code for the Linux Mint Community portal, you'll need to do so via the IRC Chat Room...

"To prevent SPAM bots from harming our community, we now require a registration code. Connect to the chatroom (From within Linux Mint, launch Menu->Welcome Screen and click on Chat Room), introduce yourself and ask for a registration code."

...which on the Welcome Screen, is in the Help category.
Perfect! Thanks. Will get on with it.

deepakdeshp
Level 17
Level 17

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the forum.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 19.3 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

Return to “Introduce yourself”