New user for Linux Mint

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
W1LDF1R3
Level 1
Level 1

New user for Linux Mint

Post by W1LDF1R3 »

hi guys... I am not exactly new to Linux OS, actually.

I started learning to use Linux back around 1996 - 1997. Me and few friends were probably among the first batch in my country (Indonesia) that used Linux. It was very 'user unfriendly' back then :D Started learning BSD in University, but I used Redhat and Slackware at home, few months later (if I am not mistaken).

I go with Windows for many years since I graduated from University until Win 7, and then Win 10. So, I was out of the loop with Linux. I was a professional Windows programmer for years.

Few months ago, I installed Linux Lite and amazed how easy it is to install and running Linux nowadays. I catch up really quick. I guess I still have some memory of Linux. Although I am not up to speed yet... But I started to remember all the knowledge about File System, permission, etc. It's fun.

Since then, I started browsing about Linux and few days ago, I switched to Linux Mint... Oh boy, Mint is even more user friendly, and I love it. So, I decided to switch to Linux Mint... and here I am.

Looking forward to have nice discussions with you all here.

Thank you

Pierre
Level 20
Level 20

Re: New user for Linux Mint

Post by Pierre »

Hi W1LDF1R3,
welcome to our forum.
:)

there does seem to be an number of folks, that have moved away from that Windows System, in recent times.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

W1LDF1R3
Level 1
Level 1

Post by W1LDF1R3 »

Thank you :)
Pierre wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:34 am
Hi W1LDF1R3,
welcome to our forum.
:)

there does seem to be an number of folks, that have moved away from that Windows System, in recent times.

kc1di
Level 16
Level 16

Post by kc1di »

Hello W1LDF1R3,
Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums. You'll be an expert before you know It :)
Enjoy!
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608

WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Post by WharfRat »

Hello W1LDF1R3 Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
ImageImage

Return to “Introduce yourself”