Not totally a newbie...but lost most of the time

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
jamesnyman
Level 1
Level 1

Not totally a newbie...but lost most of the time

Post by jamesnyman »

I am a 71 year old retired Special Education teacher. I have been using Linux Mint on various computers for about 3 years now...usually in dual boot w/ Windows...but have converted many older Windows and Mac machines to LM and then given them away to those w/o computers. I currently have a Dell XPS 8930 w/ 32GB RAM and a 500GB NVMe + 2TB SSD for data that runs Windows 10...for ChessBase software. I just purchased a new MintBox 3 Basic and installed a second 500GB NVMe for Windows and 2 SSDs...one for LM data and one for Windows data. It now has 48GB RAM. I do every thing but chess on LM but still need Windows for ChessBase instructional videos. I have been having trouble dual booting on 2 different NVMe drives in my new MintBox3 but I am sure someone here will be able to help me...already a separate post.

WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Not totally a newbie...but lost most of the time

Post by WharfRat »

Hello jamesnyman Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
ImageImage

jamesnyman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jamesnyman »

Thanks, WarfRat. I have used the LM Forum to solve problems before as a guest. The community seems very welcoming.

kc1di
Level 16
Level 16

Post by kc1di »

Hello jamesnyman,
Glad to have you on board the Linux Mint Forums, enjoy!
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608

deepakdeshp
Level 17
Level 17

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the forum. There may be Mint substitute for your chess program. With 32gb memory you can easily run Windows as a VM under Mint.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 19.3 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

Return to “Introduce yourself”