Linux Mint just works

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
Luxdragon
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint just works

Post by Luxdragon »

Ahoy,

I know it has been said a thousand times that Linux Mint is one of those operating systems that people love just because it works, but it is true and certainly a thing to be cherished. I'm not exactly new to the Linux Mint Forum, but I believe it would be right that I formally introduce myself now that I have used Mint for two months.

I'm a high school student from the endless woods of Slovenia and my journey to Linux actually began a year and a half ago. My previous laptop had a pre-installed Windows 8.1 and I got used to it. As time went by I had to switch to Windows 10. I did not like it too much and looked for alternatives. Then I encountered Ubuntu. I loved it and that's how I fell down the Linux rabbit hole. My old laptop was slowly going defect, so I decided to buy a new one at the beginning of 2020. I knew that the next LTS release of Ubuntu would come in April and thought that I might explore a few other distros till then. I tried Manjaro, PopOS and Linux Mint, but none worked as well on my Asus TUF as Linux Mint 19.3. It's based on Ubuntu, so I still have access to the repositories I got used to, I don't exactly know why but Mint boots faster than Ubuntu, the Driver Manager is awesome (Mint is the only Linux to have found the right Wi-Fi driver for me) and I really like the Cinnamon desktop environment. Emulators work great (Zelda: Botw at 30fps), Steam Proton and Lutris support is awesome and Kdenlive, LoggerPro, Arduino IDE and Visual Studio Code are all without issues. Linux Mint just works.

I originally intended to reinstall Ubuntu once 20.04LTS would be released, but as of now, I think I'll stay on Linux Mint 19.3 :D till Mint 20.1 is released.

LanceM
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Linux Mint just works

Post by LanceM »

Good decisions. I'm hopelessly addicted to Mint Cinnamon :shock:
To mark this issue solved, go to your original 1st post and click the edit pencil and add [Solved] at the beginning of the title and click Submit.
Mint accepts donations: https://linuxmint.com/donors.php

deepakdeshp
Level 17
Level 17

Post by deepakdeshp »

LanceM wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:39 am
Good decisions. I'm hopelessly addicted to Mint Cinnamon :shock:
So am I.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 19.3 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Moem »

I'm not! I can stop at any time!
... I just don't want to. 8)

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

LanceM
Level 8
Level 8

Post by LanceM »

Moem wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:16 pm
I'm not! I can stop at any time!
... I just don't want to. 8)
Alcoholics say the same thing :mrgreen:
To mark this issue solved, go to your original 1st post and click the edit pencil and add [Solved] at the beginning of the title and click Submit.
Mint accepts donations: https://linuxmint.com/donors.php

kc1di
Level 16
Level 16

Post by kc1di »

Hello Luxdragon,
Good to have you on the Linux Mint Forums :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608

WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Luxdragon Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
ImageImage

Glamtrains
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Glamtrains »

This so much sounds like me speaking .... "Linux Mint just works"

Welcome to Mint. As an old Mint user, one gets that itch and I tried Kali, Manjaro, Sparky, Fedora, Arch, Kubuntu and SolydK lately, quickly coming back to Mint Cinnamon. I even ditched Mint's Xfce, MATE and the LMDE4 edition, because of some quirks.

Once again, welcome and enjoy.

Pierre
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Pierre »

hopefully, it will keep on .. keeping on,
as this time around, I'll be making some major changes, to the number of partitions,
- on a few of my Laptops & Desktop.
:)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Introduce yourself”