Very Satisfied

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
Tsolum
Level 1
Level 1

Very Satisfied

Post by Tsolum »

Hello everyone, been using Linux 2o odd years now. I have used a lot of distros in my time. From Xandros, Sabayon, Vector, Debian, Ubuntu, Pclinuxos and a too many too list. Have been using Linux Mint now for the past five years or so. My old laptop became a brick so took my mid 2014 Macbook Pro and installed Linux Mint onto it. The only problem I had was the install would not install the wifi driver automatically once the install was finished.

Seeing this laptop cannot connect to the internet except by wifi, grabbed the drivers out of the pool folder, dragged them to the desktop, clicked away and they installed. Problem solved. Heat was another issue but installed the programs needed to control the fans. One item I cannot get to work is the camera, but then I really do not need it so not worried about it. Otherwise this is experience has been very satisfying. To the people that develop this OS, Thank you!

Pierre
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Very Satisfied

Post by Pierre »

Hi Tsolum,
welcome to our forum.
:)

it's great to see that you managed to resolve most of those issues on your Laptop.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

kc1di
Level 16
Level 16

Post by kc1di »

Hello Tsolum,
Great to see you here in the Forums, I'm sure you will be a great help to others with your experience. In the mean time enjoy :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608

JerryF
Level 12
Level 12

Post by JerryF »

Welcome to the forums!
*** IF your problem has been solved, please edit your ORIGINAL post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the Subject Line. It helps other members when browsing posts. ***

Tsolum
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tsolum »

Thanks everyone!

deepakdeshp
Level 17
Level 17

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the forums.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 19.3 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

bob466
Level 5
Level 5

Post by bob466 »

Welcome to the Forum. :D
Linux For Ever...Windoze Never Image

Return to “Introduce yourself”