Goodday there

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
Mono1
Level 1
Level 1

Goodday there

Post by Mono1 »

Hello fellow Mint users. I have been using Linux mixed with windows for years but have finally made the plunge to be a full-time Linux user. The only reason to use Windows was to access Microsoft products for uni but I can access office 365 online anyway. I ran Matlab in Linux (as it has a far better programming environment), so it just made more sense to switch full time.

In my view, Mint is the perfect Distro for general use. It comes with many preinstalled packages that I need for home/uni, plus it's fast and light. I feel fully in control of my computer, nothing runs in the background without me letting it. For gaming, DotA is the only game I play and it runs natively on Linux without any hiccups.

My Dad has been using Unix since the 80s, and he was the one that introduced me to mint a few years back. He agrees with me; Mint is the best Linux Distro for your average user. My family is slowly transitioning to Linux. My Mum isn't so keen - mostly because it isn't familiar to her. My wee bro uses Mint on his laptop and runs XP (without internet) on his PC - just to game like it's his childhood again. My older brother has a Chromebook, which I guess is Linux at its core - so I'll give him half a point. My Girlfriend is similar to my Mum. Every time she comes to me with a computer problem I just respond with, "install Linux".

Anyway, I thought here is a good place to post how much I love this Distro. Stay safe everyone!
dm999
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Goodday there

Post by dm999 »

Mono1 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:40 pm
I just respond with, "install Linux".
:lol:

Welcome to the forum, Mono1 :D
LM 20 Xfce / Lenovo ideapad 500 15ISK / i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz × 2 / 12GB RAM /
kc1di
Level 16
Level 16

Post by kc1di »

Hello Mono1,
Welcome to Linux Mint Forums, enjoy! :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
bob466
Level 5
Level 5

Post by bob466 »

Welcome to the Forum. :D
Linux For Ever...Windoze Never Image
agewa79
Level 1
Level 1

Post by agewa79 »

Hi! I have moved all my family's computers to Linux Mint and they are using it for years now. Oldest is 84 years old now (family member, not computer).
deepakdeshp
Level 17
Level 17

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the Forum
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 20 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

Return to “Introduce yourself”