Good afternoon everyone

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
bellanator89
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon everyone

Post by bellanator89 »

Hello to all! I am a new Linux mint user, I have only been using Linux Elementary OS, Ubuntu 20.04, and now Linux Mint for about a month. I love it! I don't know why I took so long to start using Linux, but here I finally am, lol. I really like that I am taking back my privacy instead of always using Windows 10. I also installed Linux Mint the XDE version on my Surface Laptop 3 successfully. It has worked the best out of those distros I have tried.
base: Ubuntu 18.04 bionic
Distro: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia
Desktop: Cinnamon 4.4.8
Kernel: 5.4.0-37-generic x86_64
Intel Core i7-6700K
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Mobo: ASUSTeK model: MAXIMUS IX HERO
kc1di
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Good afternoon everyone

Post by kc1di »

Hello bellanator89,
Welcome to Linux Mint Forums, enjoy! :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
wallyUSA
Level 5
Level 5

Post by wallyUSA »

Welcome to the forum. Many people here can help. Please provide hardware and software info with your questions.

Be sure to check out the “Board Index” (above, top left) ... “Rules & Notices”... “READ: How To Get Help!”

Cheers,
Wally
Ulyana 20 Cinnamon 4.6.7 Kernel 5.4.0-42 (64 bit). {Dell XPS 13}
Please, if your query has been resolved, edit your first post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions.
Pierre
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Pierre »

Hi bellanator89,
welcome to our forum.
:)

there has been lots of folks, that moved away from that windows-10, and then to LinuxMint.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
zaileion
Level 4
Level 4

Post by zaileion »

bellanator89 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:52 pm
Hello to all! I am a new Linux mint user, I have only been using Linux Elementary OS, Ubuntu 20.04, and now Linux Mint for about a month. I love it! I don't know why I took so long to start using Linux, but here I finally am, lol. I really like that I am taking back my privacy instead of always using Windows 10. I also installed Linux Mint the XDE version on my Surface Laptop 3 successfully. It has worked the best out of those distros I have tried.
Oh man, you are on a path to many great adventures and a world of possibility. Welcome to Open Source SOftware and Operating Systems! This forum, Linux Mint Forum, has some of the best support available for Linux. I think you will find the more you use Linux the more you will like it. Its a whole new world!
bellanator89
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bellanator89 »

Thank you everybody, I appreciate the welcome! I read those forum topics like you suggested and I posted some of my software and hardware specs in my signature, in case it will help out.
base: Ubuntu 18.04 bionic
Distro: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia
Desktop: Cinnamon 4.4.8
Kernel: 5.4.0-37-generic x86_64
Intel Core i7-6700K
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Mobo: ASUSTeK model: MAXIMUS IX HERO
bob466
Level 5
Level 5

Post by bob466 »