Hi Linux Mint community!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
Arne_LM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Linux Mint community!

Post by Arne_LM »

Hi everybody,

my name's Arne and I'm a first-time Linux user. I had the preconceived idea that Linux is a viable option only for hardcore IT geeks and never bothered to give it a try. However, after Windows 10 surprised me with a blue screen of death in early December last year, I was so fed up that I decided to look into Linux. One month later it seems that I should be thankful for that blue screen, because I'm really enjoying my time with Linux Mint so far! Learning a lot of new things and the performance is just great.

And the best thing is: whenever I encountered a problem so far or wasn't sure how to get things done, I always found an easy to follow and reliable solution in this forum. That is a very different experience compared to looking for help with troubleshooting on Windows. So while I probably won't be able to contribute anything worthwhile to this forum/community, I really wanted to say thank you! Thanks to everybody for being so welcoming and patient with newbies and taking the time to explain things and help. You guys rock!
kc1di
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Hi Linux Mint community!

Post by kc1di »

Hello Arne_LM,
Welcome to Linux Mint Forums, enjoy! :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
murray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by murray »

Greetings Arne and welcome to the forum!
Running Mint 19.3 Cinnamon on an Intel NUC8i5BEH with 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD
GNULinux
Level 3
Level 3

Post by GNULinux »

Arne_LM wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:45 pm
Hi everybody,

my name's Arne and I'm a first-time Linux user. I had the preconceived idea that Linux is a viable option only for hardcore IT geeks and never bothered to give it a try. However, after Windows 10 surprised me with a blue screen of death in early December last year, I was so fed up that I decided to look into Linux. One month later it seems that I should be thankful for that blue screen, because I'm really enjoying my time with Linux Mint so far! Learning a lot of new things and the performance is just great.

And the best thing is: whenever I encountered a problem so far or wasn't sure how to get things done, I always found an easy to follow and reliable solution in this forum. That is a very different experience compared to looking for help with troubleshooting on Windows. So while I probably won't be able to contribute anything worthwhile to this forum/community, I really wanted to say thank you! Thanks to everybody for being so welcoming and patient with newbies and taking the time to explain things and help. You guys rock!
Nice to see you here arne :D
i too had similar experience with windows so i left or should i say windows never booted up..... :lol:
so i left just like you did :wink:
hp 250-G6 Notebook PC 15.6"
intel core i3-7020u 4GB DDR4 RAM 1TB Hard Disk (1.5 Yrs old)
Linux Mint 20.1 "Ulyssa"
Welcome
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Welcome »

Hi Arne_LM! Welcome to the Linux Mint forums! :D
Jura na vffhr unf orra erfbyirq sbe lbh, cyrnfr rqvg gur bevtvany cbfg gb vapyhqr <FBYIRQ> va gur gvgyr.

Return to “Introduce yourself”