Giving it a shot

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
Surveyorsteve
Level 1
Level 1

Giving it a shot

Post by Surveyorsteve »

Hello. I'm an old guy living in Ecuador that is fed up with the corner that Windows 10 has put me in. My desire is to use something different whenever it is possible. As I mentioned before, I'm not exactly young. I'm a baby boomer so the old noggin doesn't work like it used to. So hopefully this forum will be willing to help me become an adequate user. See you around.
deck_luck
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Giving it a shot

Post by deck_luck »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forum. :wink: I hope you enjoy your new Linux adventure.
🐧Linux Mint 19 XFCE 💡Give a friend a fish, and you feed them for a day. Teach a friend how to fish, and you feed them for a lifetime. ✝️ Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
rossdv8
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rossdv8 »

I'm a baby boomer so the old noggin doesn't work like it used to
Welcome from a child of the 50s !
There are quite a lot of us floating around this forum who might not be 'fossilised', but feel like we're getting close.
And there are lots of people here who don;t give a damn about perceived age or perceived ability - only about enjoying relatively simple computing.
Have Fun, and anything you are not sure of - just do a search - and if you can't see the answer on the forum, ask. Someone will see it and most likely try to help. Some of us know the answers, some of us 'think' we know the answers. One way or another, you should find something useful D)
Current main OS: MInt 19.3 Xfce on Lenovo m93p Tiny, i5-4590T (i915 graphics), 8GB RAM, 1TB Samsung SSD, 55 inch UHD monitor.
JerryF
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JerryF »

Welcome from a late 50's guy! Mint has been very good to me.
*** IF your problem has been solved, please edit your ORIGINAL post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the Subject Line. It helps other members when browsing posts. ***
GNULinux
Level 3
Level 3

Post by GNULinux »

Surveyorsteve wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:07 pm
fed up with the corner that Windows 10 has put me in. My desire is to use something different whenever it is possible.
welcome brother :D
i had similar reasons i came here for but decided to stay on linux :wink:
hp 250-G6 Notebook PC 15.6"
intel core i3-7020u 4GB DDR4 RAM 1TB Hard Disk (1.5 Yrs old)
Linux Mint 20.1 "Ulyssa"
phd21
Level 19
Level 19

Post by phd21 »

Hi Surveyorsteve,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 and 19.2 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.
Pierre
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Pierre »

Hi Steve,
welcome to our forum.
:)

there has been a few baby-boomers, that have also moved away from that Windows System,
and over to our LinuxMint System, as they chase an quieter life.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
kc1di
Level 16
Level 16

Post by kc1di »

Hello Surveyorsteve,
Welcome to Linux Mint Forums, enjoy! :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
Welcome
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Welcome »

Hi Surveyorsteve! Welcome to the Linux Mint forums!
Jura na vffhr unf orra erfbyirq sbe lbh, cyrnfr rqvg gur bevtvany cbfg gb vapyhqr <FBYIRQ> va gur gvgyr.

Return to “Introduce yourself”