Official User Guide

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gremlin
Level 1
Level 1

Official User Guide

Post by gremlin »

I am involved with 'upgrading' older pc/laptop machines for friends - mainly retired.

I regularly install xfce as most of my 'clients' are Microsoft refugees.

Started writing a user manual and then found version Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon Edition online

I've started updating this document to 20.1 Xfce to pass to friends/clients - would this be of use to anyone?

My last real job @ 2010 was IT training centre manager.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Official User Guide

Post by Moonstone Man »

gremlin wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:13 pm 've started updating this document to 20.1 Xfce to pass to friends/clients - would this be of use to anyone?
https://linuxmint-user-guide.readthedoc ... nt-20.html

That's the latest, and it's very, very thin. You may find that the Linux Mint team will appreciate any other documentation, so perhaps you could send a PM to xenopeek and ask where the best place is to get in touch.
RollyShed
Level 8
Level 8

Post by RollyShed »

gremlin wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:13 pm I am involved with 'upgrading' older pc/laptop machines for friends - mainly retired.
I regularly install xfce as most of my 'clients' are Microsoft refugees.
And because of that I install Mint Cinnamon, usually on an SSD to up the speed of their laptops. A couple of minutes tuition and that's all that's needed. Generally done on 4 - 10 year old laptops and a dozen, five-year old desktops.

After installation of the SSD and system I take their HD disks, USB it to the laptop and copy all their files across so nothing is lost and everything is easy to find. Tuition generally is to show that one or two clicks will do what 6 or more clicks do on Windows.

The users? The majority are retired though there are some younger ones i.e. 60 or younger years old.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello gremlin,
Welcome to the Forum, enjoy! :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
Welcome
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Welcome »

Hi gremlin!

Welcome to the Linux Mint forums! :D
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the Linux Mint forums!
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Introduce Yourself”