Greetings from Serbia

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
while_true_crash
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings from Serbia

Post by while_true_crash »

Hello everyone, semi-new user here.

Been using windows most my life, but started distro hopping late last year when I realized that gaming on linux is perfectly viable (sometimes even better when it comes to thermals and fps)

I also enjoy thinkering (even if it did cost me a system or two, but live and learn I guess :lol: ) which is something you can't really do on windows all that much.

I finally found my daily driver earlier this year and I've been using Mint Cinnamon ever since.
Last edited by LockBot on Sat May 13, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MiZoG
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Greetings from Serbia

Post by MiZoG »

Good to have you with us, while_true_crash!
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello while_true_crash,
Welcome to Linux Mint Forums, enjoy the journey! :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
GELvdH
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GELvdH »

Welcome to our forum, have a good time. :)
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Hello,
Welcome to the forum.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
AronGii1978
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AronGii1978 »

Welcome! I am new-ish as well, been on Mint MATE for two years, but going to go with Cinnamon for 21 as I am in the middle of upgrading after my old drive crashed mid-update (apparently it was out of room! And went in to Boot Loop... uff.) Lesson learned - TimeShift can actually take up a LOT of space with old versions, if you have a lot of files on the drive) Been trying to fix for two weeks, with various drives and SDD backups, and different versions of Mint. There are a few complications in 21 loading that I never came across before, like having to set up partitions manually if you want to boot in UEFI.

Anyhow, pretty sure I am a lifer, though I did enjoy Mac during school ten plus years ago for doing design work. The cost just does not make sense, when I can build something MUCH faster for a fraction of the price! But no one gonna take my iPhone away! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Aaron Gii ~ California, USA ~ 2 yrs old in Linux land

Linux mint 21.1 Vera Cinnamon
Intel NUC i7-8559 with 24 Gib RAM and Sabrent 1tb Rocket 4.0 NVMe +512 SSD SATA storage

Return to “Introduce Yourself”