From Windows to Linux

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ElderNET

From Windows to Linux

Post by ElderNET »

As a lifelong Windows user, it was with some trepidation but keen interest that I loaded Mint 9 as a dual boot on my Acer laptop test bed. I expected the problems with the Broadcom wifi card and was not wrong. Two days of blog reading and tonight its fixed. My printer was loaded painlessly but without the full printer functionality. Overall though, I am impressed and it does look like Linux is moving closer to a proper plug and play OS, and lets face it, the blogosphere is full of MS wifi problems. I have Win 7 on another PC and it is a cracking OS now, but, it still costs and the online world of Windows is still a dangerous place.

I am about to launch a business selling fully configured laptops and training to the silver surfer market, and Mint is planned to be the entry level system. From what I have seen so far, it can certainly now hold its own in the alternative world to MS. 8)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: From Windows to Linux

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Wejcome to Mint. I think, as you get used to the Linux way of doing things, you will be more and more impressed with Linux and Mint as a viable alternative to Windows. I dumped Windows almost entirely over a year ago and have never regretted it.

Enjoy the learning experience and don't hesitate to ask questions if you have problems. There are some very knowledgeable people who frequent this forum regularly.
mintymintminty
Level 2
Level 2

Re: From Windows to Linux

Post by mintymintminty »

I'm new here myself but welcome to the forum and have a good time with mint :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”