Hello from california

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wolverine.ks

Hello from california

Post by wolverine.ks »

Hey everybody,

after extensive reading, Mint KDE looked like a good place to get my feet wet with linux.
so far im treading water half way decent, although i must admit that im using windows right now,
as i was doing some video editing earlier on adobe software, which apparently doesnt work so well with linux...

Im planning on getting some mythbuntu or mythdora up and running as soon as i have money to get some more
hardware. So wish me luck with that.

I hope to drop in from time to time and see all the really cool stuff that everyone here has going on.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Hello from california

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello wolverine.ks,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint community wolverine.ks
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
ThistleWeb

Post by ThistleWeb »

Welcome to Linux and Mint. We all take time to adjust to the Linux way, many of us dual boot for a while until we're comfy. I'd say the most important thing is to relax, and embrace Linux for what it is, rather than try to fit it into the Windows way of doing things. Enjoy the ride, don't put any pressure on and you'll be fine.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”