Greetings

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
AdamS
Level 5
Level 5

Greetings

Post by AdamS »

Hello, I am a small business owner that has specialized in PC,s of all natures for about 17 years now.

Out of them 17 years I was a 100% windows only type of business. About 1 year ago I made the switch after much research and learning from many forums.
I started offering Linux and only offered Windows by special order only. Even then strict warnings of viruses / rot / slowdowns etc were attached.

I have been all ubuntu based distro's. Oz Unity and ultimate edition, It has been great. I recently learned of Linux mint, decided to give it a go.

Mainly due to Ubuntu unity UI leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. Yet to find a single client who likes unity in any shape or form.

So I tried Mint 11 gnome RC. Loved it so much, I waited for mint 11 final and added all the apps and software packs I use for the business to it with all updates and 2.6.38-9 kernel sets.

Spun my self a ISO of x64 and x86 with all the bells and whistles with all mint art work left fully intact.

1.5 GB ISO each. This was done to just flat out save time and money lol . I install and build so many systems. It just rocks to have a all in one ISO.

Customers LOVE IT, Just love it.

I wanted to thank you for the great work you all are doing here. Fine job for sure, keep up the great work Mint team.

Leaving all art work in tact and will go to great lengths to spread the word to the masses about your distro.
Proud owner of a 99.5 % Linux based Pc - laptop - netbook - tablet - networking business.
Do your self a favor, stop paying for imperfection. Once you know Linux, you never go back.

tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Greetings

Post by tdockery97 »

Thanks for choosing Linux Mint Gúrú Linux ríomhaire, and for doing so much to get the word out about us. :D
Mint Cinnamon 19.3

Oscar799
Level 19
Level 19

Post by Oscar799 »

Thread moved here from Promotions

The-Wizard
Level 12
Level 12

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place.

AdamS
Level 5
Level 5

Post by AdamS »

Thanks wizard
Proud owner of a 99.5 % Linux based Pc - laptop - netbook - tablet - networking business.
Do your self a favor, stop paying for imperfection. Once you know Linux, you never go back.

Return to “Introduce yourself”