Hello

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
gsmanners
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Post by gsmanners »

Just thought I'd say hi. :D

I think I've calmed down enough from some recent Ubuntu craziness to take another good look at Mint. Looks like this may be the way to go. I'm pulling for you guys. Mint Gnome 3 extensions looks to be the best thing to happen to Gnome in a long time.

Meanwhile, I'm using Debian+Xfce. Let me tell you, a nice rock-steady distro is an awesome thing. Had a little fun trying to set up the latest iceweasel (ended up installing and removing sun java for some weird reason), but now I'm all set.

Thanks for creating this awesome distro, and I hope to try it out soon. And I hope I don't wear out my welcome too quickly. :twisted:

tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Hello

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome gsmanners. Yes, we're all eagerly awaiting the preview of Linux Mint 12, which should be in just a few days now.
Mint MATE 19.3

The-Wizard
Level 12
Level 12

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place.

xtremo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by xtremo »

gsmanners wrote: I think I've calmed down enough from some recent Ubuntu craziness to take another good look at Mint. Looks like this may be the way to go. I'm pulling for you guys. Mint Gnome 3 extensions looks to be the best thing to happen to Gnome in a long time.
Exactly the way I feel.....and why I'm here!

nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums gsmanners!

Cheers.

Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello gsmanners,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302355
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat (or #linuxmint-debian if you join from Xfce)
Have fun with Mint

rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Welcome to the forums and Linux Mint!
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3

Return to “Introduce yourself”