I've been assimilated by Lisa and resistance was futile.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
day50
Level 1
Level 1

I've been assimilated by Lisa and resistance was futile.

Post by day50 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:19 pm

The Linux Mint Borg aka “Lisa” is a cybernetically enhanced Linux Distribution, made up of bits and pieces multiple distros. Utilizing what can only be described as a hived mind system, Linux Mint's small group of talented developers and contributors were able to link a vast amount of code to make Linux Mint 12 code name Lisa irresistible to us common users. The group operated, solely, towards fulfilling one purpose: to "add technological distinctiveness of other Linux species" in pursuit of their view of perfection. I used the live dvd for an evening. The next morning my wife (Borg Queen) mentioned that while sleeping I was mumbling, “yeah, Duck Duck Go!!” I was unaware of my metamorphosis. What happened next was.. I started thinking I don't need Google Earth, I can use Flash Earth and so on. If anyone has a method to reverse my assimilation, please don't PM me. I like what Lisa has done to me. I have used Linux since 2004 and she's the best system I have used! I only hope in the future, she will have many children and grand children. As the Mint man said “if it's not broke don't fix it.” 8)
LMDE-Gnome 3

tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: I've been assimilated by Lisa and resistance was futile.

Post by tdockery97 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:53 pm

:lol: :lol: Welcome, day50. Glad you're enjoying Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 19.3 Beta

lmintnewb
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lmintnewb » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:02 pm

lol ... good to see people who pop up to thank the folks involved with LM too. Not just the people with problems or criticisms. Though am a use whatcha like ( works) for you kinda person. Glad LM12 works well for ya. Get the feeling it's appreciated by the devs, mods ... anyone else involved with keeping Mint going. Nice to digitally meetcha.

:D

The-Wizard
Level 12
Level 12

Post by The-Wizard » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:10 am

Resistance is Futile

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place.

nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:06 am

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums day50!

Cheers.

Oscar799
Level 19
Level 19

Post by Oscar799 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:31 am

Hello day50,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint

Return to “Introduce yourself”