LMDE Installer Problem - No Partitions Listed in Installer

Archived topics about LMDE 1
Forum rules
jtmorris
Level 1
Level 1

LMDE Installer Problem - No Partitions Listed in Installer

Postby jtmorris » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:23 pm

The LMDE LiveCD starts up just fine, and the installer works fine. However, when I get to the "Please select where you want to install Linux Mint Debian Edition" page, there are no partitions listed despite the fact that I have attempted to install with various partition types and configurations. If I delete and/or make partitions in GParted, it still doesn't show anything. I've created partitions, and restarted... Nothing...

My system has two fakeRAID arrays, however, I don't want to install LMDE on them, I want to install it on a standalone drive. Mint 11 and openSUSE 11.4 both see and install on the partitions, but LMDE doesn't see it.

I really want to try this. I love the idea of a rolling distro, but haven't gotten any of them to install on my system.

Spec-chum
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LMDE Installer Problem - No Partitions Listed in Install

Postby Spec-chum » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:16 am

Hiya, I'm afraid there's a bug in the LMDE installer where it stops searching for partitions if it finds 1 it can't install to, such as a raid array.

You need to make the drive you want to install to the first drive it sees, ie SDA

Hope this helps, and I hope you enjoy LMDE :)

jtmorris
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LMDE Installer Problem - No Partitions Listed in Install

Postby jtmorris » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Ah! Thank you. I figured as much, but couldn't find a mention of a bug like that anywhere. Must not have looked hard enough. I'll give LMDE another try soon armed with that additional info.

Return to “Archive”