Wallpaper request.

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Citizen229

Wallpaper request.

Post by Citizen229 »

I have 0 artistic ability. And at the same time, there is a wallpaper I would love to have. As an XFCE user, I am usually torn between the Mint logo or the XFCE mouse. Would anyone be interested in making a wallpaper?

Design concept:
1) Dark paper designed for dark themes.
2) Center of the paper being a ying-yang symbol.
3) The YY symbol consisting of a mint leaf on one side, and XFCE mouse on the other side.
4) Coloration being left to creators discretion. Mint uses greens by default and XFCE is a light blue by default.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Wallpaper request.

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Citizen229.

Irrespective of the particular wallpaper image which you would like to have: Your post suggests that you are not aware that you can make almost any .jpg image file or .png image file your wallpaper on xfce, just like you can do on Cinnamon e.g.
On none of my systems, I use the default wallpaper which comes pre-installed. This is true on Ubuntu with Unity desktop, Linux Mint with Cinnamon desktop and Linux Mint with xfce.

Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 750 days now.
Lifeline
Citizen229

Post by Citizen229 »

from searching the web there are few wallpapers that actually feature a mint logo/leaf and xfce mouse. One that stands out is a standard LM logo with a XFCE mouse nibbling on the corner. While it is great both symbols are used, I was not to keen on the symbolism of the mouse eating mint.

Im sure I could cobble both symbols together and make something that resembles artwork. With it not being my natural skill set, they will look like pooh. I tried performing such a task back in my old EQ days. Custom sigs were all the rage back then.
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

viewforum.php?f=19 may have something already.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

https://www.xfce-look.org/browse/cat/302/ord/latest/

I made this one way back when I switched to Xfce on Mint 7 Helena. You may change it any way you like. :-)
( I had a 4x3 monitor back then, but it should be easy to either crop or extend it for wide-screen.)

KalEl

Post by KalEl »

Delete
Last edited by KalEl on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArtGirl

Post by ArtGirl »

I'd responded and sent a sketch to see if that was what you wanted, for free obviously (ill health/do own art therapy only), but the PM I sent you has vanished, which I find quite disturbing, as I have no idea why. Anyway, the wallpapers above look fine, and I've learnt it's best not to help/post, again. :?
KalEl

Post by KalEl »

Delete
Last edited by KalEl on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rocky Bennett
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rocky Bennett »

richyrich wrote:https://www.xfce-look.org/browse/cat/302/ord/latest/

I made this one way back when I switched to Xfce on Mint 7 Helena. You may change it any way you like. :-)
( I had a 4x3 monitor back then, but it should be easy to either crop or extend it for wide-screen.)

Unfortunately that is very low resolution, not good for today's high rez displays. But it is nice.
Citizen229

Post by Citizen229 »

@ artgirl

Tried to reply in PM. It gives message you have PM's turned off.

Return to “Your Artwork”