Logo

Help make Linux Mint look better.
User avatar
mrmajik45
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:51 pm
Location: USA, indiana
Contact:

Logo

Postby mrmajik45 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:07 pm

Here is my logo i made you can post YOUR logos in the comment box
The linux coder.
Image

User avatar
dcrowder
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 6:48 pm
Location: Dallas Texas USA

Re: Logo

Postby dcrowder » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:22 pm

Nice!
Acer Aspire R14, Mint 18.2 MATE

User avatar
mrmajik45
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:51 pm
Location: USA, indiana
Contact:

Re: Logo

Postby mrmajik45 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:24 pm

dcrowder wrote:Nice!

Thanks!!! :D
The linux coder.
Image

User avatar
dcrowder
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 6:48 pm
Location: Dallas Texas USA

Re: Logo

Postby dcrowder » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:26 pm

What font is used for "From freedom came elegance" ?
Acer Aspire R14, Mint 18.2 MATE

User avatar
mrmajik45
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:51 pm
Location: USA, indiana
Contact:

Re: Logo

Postby mrmajik45 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:28 pm

dcrowder wrote:What font is used for "From freedom came elegance" ?

Kabel Bk BT
The linux coder.
Image

User avatar
idle
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:25 am

Re: Logo

Postby idle » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:49 pm

mrmajik45 I really like your avatar. Did you make it? I would love a large version 2560x1440 dark wallpaper with that leaf image enlarged in the middle :wink:

User avatar
mrmajik45
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:51 pm
Location: USA, indiana
Contact:

Re: Logo

Postby mrmajik45 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:25 pm

idle wrote:mrmajik45 I really like your avatar. Did you make it? I would love a large version 2560x1440 dark wallpaper with that leaf image enlarged in the middle :wink:

I did make it but it would be a hassle to remake it in a bigger size :|
The linux coder.
Image

Mick-Cork
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:10 pm
Location: West Cork & London

Re: Logo

Postby Mick-Cork » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:51 pm

A bit tongue in cheek, and I freely admit I've copied and butchered some existing artwork off the web, but here we go...

Image

As you can see I've not only changed the colour scheme, but the name of the OS itself! Apart from the fact that i'm getting a bit tired of the green, i'm of the view that Clem and the team are gifting us with the gold standard in Linux. Make what you will of the 'infinity' symbol - for me it represents longevity and ever increasing elegance.

Anyways, I don't suppose the crew will adopt it, but the sentiment remains :)

User avatar
mrmajik45
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:51 pm
Location: USA, indiana
Contact:

Re: Logo

Postby mrmajik45 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:58 pm

Mick-Cork wrote:A bit tongue in cheek, and I freely admit I've copied and butchered some existing artwork off the web, but here we go...

Image

As you can see I've not only changed the colour scheme, but the name of the OS itself! Apart from the fact that i'm getting a bit tired of the green, i'm of the view that Clem and the team are gifting us with the gold standard in Linux. Make what you will of the 'infinity' symbol - for me it represents longevity and ever increasing elegance.

Anyways, I don't suppose the crew will adopt it, but the sentiment remains :)

Cool Logo!
The linux coder.
Image

Augtwen
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:13 am

Re: Logo

Postby Augtwen » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:49 am

critiques are welcome !

mesh.png


sign.png
August Twenty

User avatar
mrmajik45
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:51 pm
Location: USA, indiana
Contact:

Re: Logo

Postby mrmajik45 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:04 am

Augtwen: Thats cool!!!
The linux coder.
Image

User avatar
idle
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:25 am

Re: Logo

Postby idle » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:29 am

Image :D :lol: :mrgreen:

User avatar
MintBean
Level 9
Level 9
Posts: 2550
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:54 am
Location: Blighty

Re: Logo

Postby MintBean » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:40 am

Looks like a big pair of lips? Not sure what that has to do with LM?

User avatar
mrmajik45
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:51 pm
Location: USA, indiana
Contact:

Re: Logo

Postby mrmajik45 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:28 pm

idle wrote:Image :D :lol: :mrgreen:

Did you just use my LOGO?
The linux coder.
Image

User avatar
mrmajik45
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:51 pm
Location: USA, indiana
Contact:

Re: Logo

Postby mrmajik45 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:29 pm

MintBean wrote:Looks like a big pair of lips? Not sure what that has to do with LM?

If you look hard enough the bottom is the L and the top is the M
The linux coder.
Image

User avatar
revian
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:01 pm
Location: USA

Re: Logo

Postby revian » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:58 pm

mrmajik45 wrote:Here is my logo i made you can post YOUR logos in the comment box

Part of that would make a beautiful panel menu button:
Operating within normal parameters
Check out my new desktop themes

User avatar
revian
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:01 pm
Location: USA

Re: Logo

Postby revian » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:06 pm

This one looks better:
LinuxMint-panel_menu_button-trans2.png
Operating within normal parameters
Check out my new desktop themes

Augtwen
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:13 am

Re: Logo

Postby Augtwen » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:04 pm

mrmajik45 wrote:
MintBean wrote:Looks like a big pair of lips? Not sure what that has to do with LM?

If you look hard enough the bottom is the L and the top is the M


And between the M and the L i.e. inside the logo there is bitten mint leaf !! a minimalistic one !!!
August Twenty

Augtwen
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:13 am

Re: Logo

Postby Augtwen » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:05 pm

August Twenty

Augtwen
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:13 am

Re: Logo

Postby Augtwen » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:10 pm

mrmajik45 wrote:Augtwen: Thats cool!!!


I would like to see that as a sticker on a laptop !! the one that tell that the OS is preinstalled !! like the windows 7 or the ubuntu one !!! ^^

Is there anyone to do mockups or a little bit of skeuomorphism ???
August Twenty


Return to “Artwork”