CAD designs for Mint Project

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pophorea

CAD designs for Mint Project

Post by pophorea »

Good day,
I'm Pop Horea, Ubuntu user.

I have looked here, on this site and seen that there are between 10 000 and 15 000 dollars per month in donations. Very good. I'm wondering how much Ubuntu is making. I'm also a small financial contributor to Ubuntu.
Also design in CAD. In Draft Sight 2D, and licensed ViaCAD in 3D under wine. If you want CAD designs, for Mint Project it's free. I mean I will do with no cost. Then it can be rendered and animated in Blender. But I don't know Blender.
Thank you for your time.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: CAD designs for Mint Project

Post by xenopeek »

Hi, thanks for the offer. Do you have examples of your work?
pophorea

Post by pophorea »

Yes.
https://www.fiverr.com/pophorea
https://www.facebook.com/cimturo

If you want more renderings with my portofolio, please add me on above facebook page.
The animations are made in Blender, but not by me. I only gived objects and schematics.

Fiverr account it's with money, but as I said for mint is not. We can chat on facebook.

You must have schetchs with odds and dimensions or if is artistical, it doesn't.
pophorea

Post by pophorea »

My own project with cim bricks, I started with QCAD, under Ubuntu. Now is LibreCAD for 2D. If you want only 2D and so, exclusively open source, it will take longer, but can do in librecad not draft sight which is just free.
But for 3D can manage only in this software which I bought in 2013 with $100, ViaCAD.
For animation of done designed, exported in obj format and imported in blender, we can use BURP Project, under BOINC, which I think is open source, and aprox. 17 seconds of animation can be done in 36 hours by 300 Xeons CPUs.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

The team is always interested in great 3D logo wallpapers. I don't have immediate idea for what we could use an animation for but perhaps one of the forum members will pitch in with an idea. To be clear, I wouldn't know what to do with a 3D model to turn it into a wallpaper. So if turning it into a wallpaper would be up to somebody else, wait for some other creative types to pitch in on this topic :)
pophorea

Post by pophorea »

I've done a 3D logo.
In CAD looks bad.
Please someone render in Blender. OBJ exported file is in package below.
I've tried to attache here, but even 300 KB is too large.
I've uploaded here:
https://we.tl/t-tTYQjCEMGe
It needs a background (designer choise) and shadows to objects.
Please let me know of any render.

Return to “Your Artwork”