MATE context menu's icons colour

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NetHooligan

MATE context menu's icons colour

Post by NetHooligan »

Hi everyone,

First I'd like to apologise if I,m posting in a wrong section, I wasn't quite sure if this post belongs to 'Artwork' or to 'Community projects'. Secondly, I might be using misleading or non-relevant terms but know that I am a total newbie. However, I'll be trying my best to explain my thoughts.

I've been using Mint MATE along with Mint-Y-Theme. I've notices the context menus (toolbar menus, right click menus...) icons do not change their color to light like in Cinnamon DE making them to coalesce with the theme color and difficult to see. I'm not sure if this is issue is coming from vanilla MATE not being developed for dark themes (I might be wrong, I just don't know) or from the Mint branch of the DE.

It isn't much of a big deal and it does not affect the functionality but it buggers me every time I look at it since the other Mint change their icon colour to light in dark theme. I've been thinking about contributing to Mint for some time. I've got some webdev/oop programming experience so I might be able to fix it if it. I would like to ask someone here if I can get pointed to the right direction, where to look in the filesystem and the repository and possibly how to contribute to it.

Cheers!
L.

EDIT: typos
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Your Artwork”