[Concept] New startpage on linux mint (firefox)

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
krafting
Level 1
Level 1

[Concept] New startpage on linux mint (firefox)

Post by krafting »

So, I was bored today so I decided to do some web dev. and I made a concept for a new default start page for the default firefox browser because the current one is really.. outdated in term of design and I feel like this would be great to have a new and fresh homepage as default!

Here is the Link: https://www.krafting.net/0/mint/start/

I used Qwant as the search engine because why not, and I really how Mint comes with no Telemetry or tracking OoTB so Qwant would be a good choice for a default search engine (Even tho I know yahoo pay to be the default one).

This is a thing I did in few hours only, so no big deal really, but I tried to immitate as much as possible the design of community.linuxmint.com to be consistent, as I feel a small lack of consistency on Linux Mint's website (just a tiny bit)

The design is still in its early stage, not really responsive, but feel free to download the html file and make any modifications you want!
I just wanted to share this with you guys! Tell me what you think!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Re: [Concept] New startpage on linux mint (firefox)

Post by antikythera »

Nice work, I'd like to see that look and layout adopted as the real start page. The current is quite frankly looking very dated in 2020. However, as much as I like Qwant too LM get a small amount of funding from the Google search box and I'm not sure Qwant would offer the same.
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.

Return to “Your Artwork”