Include transparency options for all themes...

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
elviolmp
Level 1
Level 1

Include transparency options for all themes...

Post by elviolmp »

Hi!

I would like to suggest the inclusion of an option for transparencies that can overlay the themes. I note that, not only the beautiful themes provided by the Mint team, but also those made by other collaborators, not all have configured transparencies.
In the "Mint-Y-Dark-Green" theme, I miss the transparent taskbar, for example, on my Mint Cinnamon. So, with some effort and reading, I go to cinnamon.css and edit the items regarding the transparencies. However, most ordinary users don't even know where to access these files, let alone how to change them for transparency.
So it would be interesting to put options in the theme settings window to make the Menu and the taskbar transparent. Combined with this option, place a bar to select the transparency percentage.
I know that the Mint team has a lot to worry about, as I follow the blog, so I am suggesting it so that, perhaps, I can enter a development queue to think about these resources.
Below, there is a screen (in Brazilian Portuguese) of theme settings and another screen with suggested options for this settings screen.

I know there are also extensions, however, an extension that always makes the taskbar transparent, when maximizing a window, makes the bar lose its transparency.

I think it can make the system more elegant.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon 64bits - MSI X570-A Pro - AMD AM4 3600 - GTX 1660 - WD Black SN 750 500MB nvme

Return to “Your Artwork”