mintCast - The lost entry!

Help make Linux Mint look better.
beauvin
Level 2
Level 2

mintCast - The lost entry!

Post by beauvin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:30 pm

For some reason my entry didn't get included in the mintCast wallpaper competition. Not really a big deal, but i thougth it'll be nice to put it here, maybe someone will like it :). Created with Gimp.

Resolution is 2560x1600- click preview to download

rothgar
Level 1
Level 1

Re: mintCast - The lost entry!

Post by rothgar » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:38 pm

beauvin wrote:For some reason my entry didn't get included in the mintCast wallpaper competition. Not really a big deal, but i thougth it'll be nice to put it here, maybe someone will like it :). Created with Gimp.
Hey, I am going back through my emails but I cannot find your submission. Did you email the submission to me at rothgar <at> mintcast.org?
If you could send me your email address maybe that will help me track it down but I can't find any email from you otherwise. I like the wallpaper and if you can help me find when you submitted this to me I can put it in the poll.
Listen to the official Linux Mint podcast at mintcast.org
Read about my personal projects on my site 1n73r.net
Follow my updates on twitter/identica

beauvin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by beauvin » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:32 am

Hi rothgar!
Thanks for answering, i've sent you an email with my submission on the 14th of january to mintcast #at# mintcast #dot# org like stated in the rules from my gmail account adriannvl #at# gmail #dot# com. Gmail didn't complained and said the mail was delivered just fine, but who knows.

rothgar
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rothgar » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:57 am

That is really weird, the mintcast email is hosted by gmail too but I have no record of your email address in my inbox. Did you get a confirmation email from me? I sent one to every entry after I downloaded the wallpaper.
Sorry if the email got lost, I don't know if it would be fair (to you or others) to submit the wallpaper into the poll if I can't find a history of it in email, but I would still be more than happy to include the wallpaper for download on the site once the voting has ended. Also I can include it in the wallpaper pack that I am making with a rotating background of all entries.
Listen to the official Linux Mint podcast at mintcast.org
Read about my personal projects on my site 1n73r.net
Follow my updates on twitter/identica

beauvin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by beauvin » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:27 am

No worries, my email probably never reached you because i didn't get a confirmation back from you, this is the first time gmail lets me down. I could probably show you a screenshot of the mail in my "Sent emails" folder but that won't make any difference now.

It would be nice if you could make the wallpaper available for download on mintCast, that is why i made it in the first place :)

exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:15 pm

beauvin, that is a great looking wallpaper!

beauvin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by beauvin » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:08 pm

exploder wrote:beauvin, that is a great looking wallpaper!
Thanks, glad you like it :)

Return to “Artwork”