New Linux Mint graphical profile?

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CreativeC

Re: New Linux Mint graphical profile?

Post by CreativeC »

Hi,
I used your logo here for my design submission.
usn
Level 1
Level 1

Post by usn »

Great! We what this logo to be official
Lodbrok
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Lodbrok »

Troken wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:50 pm
With this, I do not think that the current visual elements are bad, on the contrary: its really good. But I think it might be a good idea to make a proper profile with specifications for colors, typefaces, logotypes etc. The current logo and its font is nice, but somewhat outdated. I played around with a new logo, with the current as a base, and came up with a sketch that had many positive comments so far. I dont say that its a final suggestion, more a starting point for a discussion.

As I mentioned in another topic: Mint is great and it is worth an elegant, professional and modern look.

I know this is an old old old topic which I found from another thread (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=295134). Being symmetrical and scaling were mentioned as requirements (for usable logo) but neither made much since to me since any scribble can be put in a circle or square. I think gm10 inverted your design into a leaf etc. Your logo was both elegant and leaf shaped (organic) and thus didn't look so much like a corporate logo. I started out just adding a black background to the inverted one and then saw nananoir's modification etc. Since I wasted so much time, until the Gimp tool options disappeared, I thought I would just post the modifications. I'm learning Gimp and frustrated that I can make a hollowed out circle with a stroke value (ring thickness) and easily resize at any time in a simple Android app (Add Text = app name) but in Gimp it is much harder. Unfortunately I know nothing about adding them to Mint menus. :D
Attachments
group mint logos2.png

Return to “Your Artwork”