Page 2 of 3

Re: Mint - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:15 am
by AlbertP
This isn't done deliberately, satya164. Clem just has too many e-mails to answer them all.

Re: Mint - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:36 am
by Oscar799
It's looking good 8) - I just installed it

Re: Mint - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:20 pm
by El Raspa
I will install it

Re: Mint - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:09 pm
by satya164
Ok. I just talked to Clem on IRC. He said he had replied me (though I didn't get it).

Ok, so this theme won't be included in Mint. But no problem. I will try to work on the default theme and make it better :)

Also check the first post for the deviantart link. And fav if you like.

Re: Mint - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:10 pm
by glebihan
For possible improvements, I think the looking glass (the debugging window you can access via Alt+F2 and typing "lg") really needs some styling if you have time, cause as it is right now it's pretty much impossible to read in it, so I can't use your theme while developing :(

Re: Mint - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:17 pm
by satya164
glebihan wrote:For possible improvements, I think the looking glass (the debugging window you can access via Alt+F2 and typing "lg") really needs some styling if you have time, cause as it is right now it's pretty much impossible to read in it, so I can't use your theme while developing :(
I am pretty much sure I have fixed the looking glass background when I uploaded it to deviantart. Check the page here - http://satya164.deviantart.com/art/Gnom ... -268492415

Re: Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:37 pm
by JordanV0712
What is the icon pack that you are using in that theme?

Re: Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:51 pm
by bimsebasse
It's Faenza, the best icon pack around: http://tiheum.deviantart.com/art/Faenza-Icons-173323228

Re: Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:22 am
by samriggs
excellent work, nice and clean.
You did a good job on this.
Sam

Re: Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:14 am
by control725
it look hot

Re: Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:08 am
by satya164
Update: Sorry for taking so long time, I was very busy actually. But I finally fixed Panel overlapping Maximized Window bug in case of Reflection Extension

Re: Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:42 am
by satya164
Now installable fromm PPA,

Code: Select all

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:satyajit-happy/themes
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gnome-shell-theme-minty

Re: Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:44 am
by ibm450
satya164 wrote:Now installable fromm PPA,

Code: Select all

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:satyajit-happy/themes
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gnome-shell-theme-minty

beautiful. much appreciated and using atm

Re: Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:51 pm
by CaptainMark
a very nice theme, well done

Re: Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:46 pm
by phin586
looking for a dark gtk and window theme to go with this. any suggestions?

Re: Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:18 pm
by z06gal
phin586 wrote:looking for a dark gtk and window theme to go with this. any suggestions?

atolm-gtk3 is a real beauty to me. Give that a look. I found it on gnome-look.org

Re: Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:20 pm
by z06gal
Minty really should be the default shell theme. It is very elegant. Great job! :wink:

Re: Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:27 am
by beachgardener
thanks for that, i like the minty theme, but it leaves the area around the window borders on the browser and other windows a gray colour still, what can be done as minty doesn't appear under window theme in advanced settings, only shell theme. What can i do about this? i have looked for window border theme, even looked at the one posted above, but i don't understand that it is only a border theme and not a whole theme, see, i don't want to loose the minty look if i try for a window border theme.
minty and the plain window border doesn't look right, I'm still learning how to customise this, help appreciated, thanks :)

Re: Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:59 am
by satya164
beachgardener wrote:thanks for that, i like the minty theme, but it leaves the area around the window borders on the browser and other windows a gray colour still, what can be done as minty doesn't appear under window theme in advanced settings, only shell theme. What can i do about this? i have looked for window border theme, even looked at the one posted above, but i don't understand that it is only a border theme and not a whole theme, see, i don't want to loose the minty look if i try for a window border theme.
minty and the plain window border doesn't look right, I'm still learning how to customise this, help appreciated, thanks :)
Hi. Minty is a Gnome Shell theme, not a Window Theme or GTK Theme.

Re: Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:43 pm
by beachgardener
Minty is a Gnome Shell theme, not a Window Theme or GTK Theme.
Thanks mate, and i must say it is a nice one. can you point me in the right direction to understand how to choose a window theme, when i look at gnome-look on the left menu it doesn't list window theme, where do i get them? Thank you :)

Is there a Minty window theme ?