Forum rules
roger64
Level 4
Level 4

xnest and mdm mysteries

Post by roger64 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:42 am

Hi

About xnest mysteries and mdm

Using mdm with the stable lmde64 release. This release works too well, it's even suspicious. :D

I have now automatic login and even automatic login for Synaptic (see upper right screenshot). However the upper left screenshot indicates that mdm is badly configured to use "nested" window managers. As the package xnest is installed, I suppose it's true.

I discovered this new (for me) submenu in System tools: "nouvelle connexion dans une fenêtre" (new connection in a window). This seems very clever but I do not know how to use it. Is there any expert nearby willing to share his knowledge about it?

toomuchcoffee
Level 1
Level 1

Re: xnest and mdm mysteries

Post by toomuchcoffee » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:00 pm

I believe I had it working in the RC, I only tried it once since I have a single account. I think you found a bug.

Code: Select all

The program 'suck' is currently not installed.  To run 'suck' please ask your administrator to install the package 'suck'

roger64
Level 4
Level 4

Re: xnest and mdm mysteries

Post by roger64 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:20 pm

To configure mdm, we have the login window (fenêtre de connexion) with a security tab allowing to configure the X server (and presumably to add a nested server as well) but this is expert handling. I dare not touch it without advice...

And what means mdm? Is it related to the "Multi-Seat Display manager?"
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n ... &px=NjczMg

Return to “LMDE 1 Archive”