Wow Launcher crashing in LMDE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Kittikity

Wow Launcher crashing in LMDE

Post by Kittikity »

I used Mint 9 for about a year before installing LMDE. World of Warcraft worked fine in Mint 9. But with LMDE the launcher crashes giving me an error:

The program Launcher.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine. You may want to check http://appdb.winehq.org for tips about running this application.

If this problem is not present under Windows and has not been reported yet, you can report it at http://bugs.winehq.org.

The launcher starts to load but crashes just about when text would pop up. I thought it might be a problem with gecko but it asked to install gecko just after it installed wine. I have wine 1.3.21. Wine says I have gecko 1.2.0 installed. I also tried to use the Wow install file but it also crashed when a window similar to the launcher window started to open. I can run Wow.exe just fine but that's not going to do me any good once it has to install the next patch.

I have searched for several days but haven't found an actual solution. I don't know if I am missing a package or something like that. I am still a noob when it comes to linux and I am not a programmer in any way. I know just about enough to be able to break something. = ) If anyone has a solution for me, I'd be much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Elmacus

Re: Wow Launcher crashing in LMDE

Post by Elmacus »

On my gamecomputer i use mint10.
LMDE wine is just to old. You need atleast wine1.3 and I didn't get it to work.
But someday when testing repo is updated i will try with LMDE again.

Sent from Android using tapatalk.
Kittikity

Re: Wow Launcher crashing in LMDE

Post by Kittikity »

I sort of fixed the problem myself.. I reinstalled LMDE and installed wine from mepis instead of frickelplatz.. I have yet to install the LMDE updates so not sure if that will make a difference.. But Laucher.exe and wow.exe work perfectly for now..

Return to “LMDE Archive”