HP deskjet 2510 printer suddenly stopped working

Archived topics about LMDE 1
Forum rules
jamsterthecool
Level 2
Level 2

HP deskjet 2510 printer suddenly stopped working

Postby jamsterthecool » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:24 am

[SOLVED]Linux Mint Debian Edition- 64bit- Cinnamon (latest update) .

I removed the printer,restarted the system and the printer was auto-reinstalled and working fine .

Hi,

I've been using the HP deskjet 2510 printer without problems, until now . Now all my print jobs are shown as pending .I have looked at printer settings properties,the printer icon as a tick symbol though also shows a pause symbol. Printer properties/policies shows the 'Enabled' box not ticked . Though when I do tick it I get a printing job message on my task bar and the ;status' briefly changers to 'processing' than goes back to 'pending ' .Also the simple scan program doesn't work any more .I can only assume that some update has altered my printer setup .The last update installed 3 days ago was debian-system-sdjustments.

Since I haven't touched any printer settings & my printer is working manually ( by pressing copy on the printer etc) I have no clue why I can not print .

I really could do with a fix a.s.a.p .Any any please!
Linux Mint Debian Edition- 64bit- Cinnamon (latest update)

KLVVdarcey
Level 1
Level 1

Re: HP deskjet 2510 printer suddenly stopped working

Postby KLVVdarcey » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:09 pm

I am running LMDE with MATE desktop and an HP deskjet 2512 with the same symptoms after installing UP-7. Nothing gets through to the printer EXCEPT for "print test page" (after re-installing printer). Every normal print job is "pending" forever and ever.

Is there a way to go back to UP6?

Thank you for your support!

KLVVdarcey
Level 1
Level 1

Postby KLVVdarcey » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Just found the fix. Control Center => Print Settings => Right-click on HP printer icon => Properties => Policies => check the "enabled" box which is probably unchecked => Apply

Thank you!

jamsterthecool
Level 2
Level 2

Postby jamsterthecool » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:50 pm

It seems this is a bug .Every now and then printing fails and I have to remove>restart and reinstall the printer for a interim fix .
Linux Mint Debian Edition- 64bit- Cinnamon (latest update)

Return to “Archive”