External hard drive freezes system

Archived topics about LMDE 1
Forum rules
Aradan

External hard drive freezes system

Postby Aradan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi, i have a problem with my 1Tb external hard drive. Everytime i do "remove safely..." (i think that's the option, Expulsar en forma segura) or umount from graphical mode, my system freeezes and the Bloq Mayus key starts to blink. The only thing i can do then is reboot.
I tought it was a kernel issue so i installed Liquorix with 3.0 kernel (3.0-1.dmz.3-liquorix-amd64), but the problem persists and i don't know how to fix it. I didn't find useful information on google, i hope someone knows something about it.

Thanks in advance
Dave

edwinv
Level 2
Level 2

Re: External hard drive freezes system

Postby edwinv » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:00 pm

i have exactly the same problem - i have a external usb 1TB harddisk which i use for backups - if i disconnect the drive no problems - when i let it connected after a whle the system freezes ) another thing is that nautilus when i open it always opens the external hard drive instead of the normal home folder - system is installed on the local hard drive and the external drive is always connected (starts with the computer)

this is a bug i think - i hope the soltution will come soon

zerozero
Level 16
Level 16

Re: External hard drive freezes system

Postby zerozero » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:06 pm

there's at least another thread about the same issue viewtopic.php?f=141&t=75848&start=0

[ bliss of ignorance ]

Return to “Archive”