keep settings modified with hda-analyzer

Archived topics about LMDE 1
Forum rules
fobiss
Level 1
Level 1

keep settings modified with hda-analyzer

Postby fobiss » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:07 am

Hi, I use a notebook Acer Aspire 4830TG with LMDE, and initially I could hear no sound. I solved, partially, the problem installing hda-analyze following the instructions at this page:
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/HDA_Analyzer
and, as suggested in some thread (I don't remenber which), going on Node[0x1b] PIN and checking EAPD, closing giving "No" on the following dialog, the sound starts functioning. The problem is that the sound keeps working only until the first reboot. When I reboot the second time I have to repeat all the operatios I described and I wonder if there is a way to prevent this modification from disappearing.

kundan
Level 1
Level 1

Re: keep settings modified with hda-analyzer

Postby kundan » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:21 am

I did in this way may be this helps

First make your sound card to work using hda_analyzer then chose export(in the bottom near about) option and save the setting in a python script using hda_analyzer
now copy it to somewhere so that you can use it on every boot for example
I copied it to /etc/audio.py where audio.py is my script
now open /etc/rc.local
# gksudo gedit /etc/rc.local
and add
python /etc/audio.py

and save and exit

now this setting will apply every time you boot your PC

fobiss
Level 1
Level 1

Postby fobiss » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:32 pm

I've tried to do what you say, but now I'm having bigger problems: even if the option EAPD is checked, now the audio doesn' t function at all. Only when I plug or unplug the AC power I can hear the sound, together with a beep, for half a second, and then still silence. I've tried using the original rc.local and removing the audio.py I had created, but the situation did not change....

fobiss
Level 1
Level 1

Postby fobiss » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:13 pm

I've made further checks, and now, also with the audio.py removed and the original rc.local, hda_analyzer keeps the options EAPD checked at every reboot, so I have the suspect that what I've done is not sufficient to restore the previous situation (which maybe was better, at least when I modify by hand it goes well...). Since I'm not expert in this stuff, can you suggest me how to return to the previous configuration?

Return to “Archive”