I recently installed the latest LDME update (Linux Mint Debian Edition 12 64[x86_x64] bit), and then I installed the official AMD Catalyst™ Proprietary Display Driver (both 11.11 and 11.12) and now the menus and also the context menus are broken.
Specs (HP Pavillion g6):
CPU: AMD Athlon P360 Dual-core processor
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Graphics
RAM: 3 GB DDR3
Here is what I mean:
Code: Select all
2. sudo apt-get remove --purge fglrx*
3. cd /usr/share/ati
4. sudo sh ./fglrx-uninstall.sh
5. sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
6. Optional: sudo rm -r /usr/include/ATI
7. Optional: sudo rm -r /etc/ati
8. sudo apt-get remove --purge xserver-xorg-video-ati xserver-xorg-video-radeon
9. cd Downloads
10. sudo sh ./ati-driver-installer-11-12-x86.x86_64.run
11. sudo /usr/bin/aticonfig --initial
How do I fix it?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
P.S.: If there is no fix and this is a known issue, how to get back to the previous, ORIGINAL "free"/"open-source" pre-installed/pre-configured drivers for ATI/Radeon, that LDME had before?
EDIT: I tried this,but however, it doesn't work cause GUI is not drawn (also I get depedency error with "libpixman-1-0 0.20.2-0ubuntu1" while trying to re-install "xserver-xorg-core").
I cannot revert to the original open-source ati drivers... it's impossible.. I cannot restore xserver/xorg without failing.. From now and on, my system only works with the FGLRX driver, but I get broken menus.
Please Help! At least tell me how to get the previous driver back .