[Solved] Server Issues

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

[Solved] Server Issues

Post by willie42 »

Greetings, Does anyone know what is going on with the servers this morning. I got this message this morning

Code: Select all

W: Failed to fetch http://security.debian.org/dists/testing/updates/InRelease  

W: Failed to fetch http://security.debian.org/dists/testing/updates/Release.gpg  Could not resolve 'security.debian.org'

W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
I was wondering if someone else got the same error. I have tried different mirrors and still the same error.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
CiaW

Re: Server Issues

Post by CiaW »

I just opened a root terminal and did an apt-get update && debdelta-upgrade, and didn't get that error. It did retrieve some updates. Then I opened mint update and it wants me to fix broken packages first, before applying changes :? . But it didn't give the error you mentioned.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

I am still getting the server not connecting but was able to install my updates even though I also had Broken packages. I ended up installing them one at a time until I had them all installed. I dont know what has happened hopefully someone can shed some light on this for us. :cry:
tjweaver

Post by tjweaver »

I initially had a similar error as well this morning (can't recall the exact error message). After a waiting a bit and then re-running:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Everything seems to be resolved. Open Office has been replaced with LibreOffice - may have had something to do with this changeover.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

I found out why I was getting the errors. I had a Splitter go bad out side. :shock: I was not staying connected to the Internet. I replaced that today so no more errors. :D 8)

Return to “LMDE Archive”