just capture some systemd's boot time on various distros for reference
all boot time info come direct from a command systemd-analyze.
this is the the actual boot time ( wait for hard disk ready, wait for grub, select distros to boot, etc)
all distros are installed on hard disk, and on the same computer.
1. debian xfce sid, installed with samba, modem-manager, boot time = 23-25S
2. debian xfce sid, no samba, no modem-manager, boot time =18-19s
3. semplice-openbox-sid, fully d-u, no samba, default with modem-manager, boot time=18.4s
4. netrunner-kde-arch-based: no samba, boot time= 14s
5. debian-jessie-alpha1 , no samba... boot time======3 minutes 8 seconds
6. siduction dec2013 release, full d-u, no samba, no modem-manage, boot time=29-32s.
I like that pleasant surprise on netrunner-kde-arch-base..