[Solved] Trashed LMDE Debian testing/multimedia keyrings

Archived topics about LMDE 1
Forum rules
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

[Solved] Trashed LMDE Debian testing/multimedia keyrings

Postby kmb42vt » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:42 pm

I really pulled a boneheaded maneuver and removed all of the Debian testing keyrings from my LMDE installation. Only thing I have left is one for Squeeze stable and one for Linux Mint repos. No testing, no Debian multimedia--nothing. I was running the default LMDE with sources set to testing. I have no idea how to reinstall these, Google's no use and Synaptic refuses to update without them so any help would be greatly appreciated. Please don't ask me how I managed this since I don't know myself. I should know how to fix this but my brain has deserted me. [banging head against wall] Please help?

(slinks off with tail between legs)
Last edited by kmb42vt on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)

vincent
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Accidently trashed LMDE Debian testing/multimedia keyrin

Postby vincent » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:53 am

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install --reinstall debian-archive-keyring debian-multimedia-keyring

APT will warn that the packages cannot be authenticated, but you can override its warning.
Debian Testing x64/LM9 Main x64/Windows 7 x64 - LG R580 laptop w/ Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 2.1 GHz, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia Geforce G 105M, Ralink rt2860 802.11n, 300 GB WD HD 5400 rpm

kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Accidently trashed LMDE Debian testing/multimedia keyrin

Postby kmb42vt » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:53 am

vincent wrote:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install --reinstall debian-archive-keyring debian-multimedia-keyring

APT will warn that the packages cannot be authenticated, but you can override its warning.

Thanks Vincent! Worked like a charm. I feel so damn foolish. Some sort of flu has right hold of me and my mind just isn't working. I should have known better than to fiddle with my install when my mind's full of mush. :?
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)

Return to “Archive”