LMDE Cinnamon 64bit taking ages to shutdown

Archived topics about LMDE 1
Forum rules
jiml
Level 1
Level 1

LMDE Cinnamon 64bit taking ages to shutdown

Postby jiml » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:05 pm

I have had issues with LMDE taking 5-6 mins to shutdown it just seemed to stop as if waiting for something to happen, it would eventually shutdown. Also happened on reboot.

Yesterday I had to add an item into the Startup Applications Preferences of System Settings (why are there two of these?) and while I was there I checked to see if there was anything that didn't need to be run and found two programs that weren't even installed anymore, so I removed them. When I then rebooted the PC the delay had disappeared.

Really don't understand why this should be.

Jim!

nobodynoze
Level 2
Level 2

Re: LMDE Cinnamon 64bit taking ages to shutdown

Postby nobodynoze » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:14 am

jiml wrote:I have had issues with LMDE taking 5-6 mins to shutdown it just seemed to stop as if waiting for something to happen, it would eventually shutdown. Also happened on reboot.

Yesterday I had to add an item into the Startup Applications Preferences of System Settings (why are there two of these?) and while I was there I checked to see if there was anything that didn't need to be run and found two programs that weren't even installed anymore, so I removed them. When I then rebooted the PC the delay had disappeared.

Really don't understand why this should be.

Jim!

It takes forever to boot up, too. :)

woodsman
Level 4
Level 4

Re: LMDE Cinnamon 64bit taking ages to shutdown

Postby woodsman » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Look at this post to provide yourself a way of finding the problem.

why are there two of these?

Do you have both Cinnamon and Mate installed?

Return to “Archive”